Should You Optimize Your Website for IE for SEO Purposes?
In today’s busy Internet exchange of data and fast-paced Web commerce, it is more important than it ever was to fully optimize your website for Internet Explorer for SEO purposes. You want and need the best levels of Web visibility and visitor traffic possible for your site to attain success. Whether you own an online business domain or your website involves a personal interest project, you must have a strong Internet presence and high search return rates on all the major search engines. Only then will you be well prepared and positioned to build an extensive and ongoing customer base or site member list to ensure site recognition, profits and new membership interest.
Important Valuable Aspects of Professional Search Engine Optimization
Millions of Internet users conduct Web searches, using search engines to seek data and information on myriad diverse topics. Some searches involve complex, technical material, data and resolutions, while others may be answered very simply, with the address or telephone number of a store or restaurant. Especially for online merchants or Web users with daily blogging sites, SEO can be a major factor in the growth and success of their enterprises. For anyone with an active business or personal interest site today, SEO is a crucial element of succeeding with site goals for many reasons, including:
- Most Web users who perform online searches will make use of the first four or five suggested results returned by a search engine pertaining to their question or request. For this reason, your business or personal site for IE must have a high rank on major search engine listings and directories to gain notice and traffic.
- High quality SEO techniques for your website will also ensure favorable user experiences and feedback for your site. This can turn even casual visitors to your site into first-time buyers, regular customers and ongoing, long-term clients. Your site’s conversion rates will often increase dramatically, resulting in business growth and stability.
- Web browsers and searchers have confidence in the major search engines. Whenever a website holds a high position for keyword searches, trust levels among Web users concerning this site tend to rise appreciably, often leading to larger site traffic volumes.
- Sites with top positions in the primary search engine listings also are the ones most often shared on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ today. Social media shares are a valuable, productive type of free promotion and marketing for your Web-based enterprise and website.
- Large websites operate much more smoothly and efficiently with good SEO. Since these sites often have many different aspects, capabilities, informational offers and products for sale, comprehensive optimization can draw attention and traffic to everything the site provides. When sites have ongoing input from multiple writers, designers, sellers or other members, quality SEO methods often lend definite frameworks or guidelines for site content.
- Websites for IE with good quality search engine optimization techniques and options in place can surge way ahead of competitors on the Web. A well optimized site has a much higher chance of attracting more interested visitors and gaining higher conversion rates while building a strong client base than a site with weak SEO has.
Basic Techniques and Principles of SEO for Websites Viewed Via Internet Explorer
Although search engine optimization has definite rules and procedures on the Web, it also allows for user choices, creativity and flexibility for quality site benefits. There is on-site SEO and off-site SEO. In general, on-site optimization enables the site to draw greatly increased notice and attention from search engines, while off-site SEO strongly aids the site in attaining high search engine rankings.
There are specific rules and tips for ensuring that your website has quality on-site SEO, which include the following:
1. Website Page Titles and Descriptions. – Make sure that your site’s homepage lists the exact name of your business or website accurately. The title of each page on your site must concisely reveal the page theme and content. Clearly describe the intent of each page in your Web content to aid your website visitors’ productive use of your site. This will increase your conversion rates and ongoing sales volumes. Create page meta tags that are short, clear and descriptive.
2. Permanent Link Structure and Strength. – The format of your site URLS which show in the address bar of your browser should be simple and direct. Avoid keyword stuffing, or overuse, but include clearly descriptive words about your site content. You can insert hyphens to separate some words for the sake of clarity, but refrain from creating long URLS.
3. Breadcrumbs. – Include a breadcrumb on each of your website’s internal pages. The term “breadcrumb” refers to a series of links, often at the top of a Web page, placed there as a navigational aid for site visitors. When using WordPress or many website builders to structure a site, you will find free plugins to create your breadcrumbs.
4. Internal Link Usage. – You need to include internal links throughout your website. These are links within page content that direct site visitors to other pages of your site. By inserting each link with anchor text, your page content will read smoothly while providing easy access to additional content that is important to your business or site subject matter.
5. Benefits of the 404 Page. – Since the overall purpose of SEO is to streamline and enhance use of your website by visitors, inclusion of the 404 page is helpful. This page will be displayed if a site user incorrectly inserts a URL or searches for a nonexistent page on your site. By saving your site viewers time and effort, you will often encourage them to stay longer on your site, making use of the content, products and services you have made available to them.
6. Optimization of Site Images. – To enhance attention levels of viewer for images included in your website content, use Alt Text to insert descriptions. This is a good place to insert a few keywords, as well. Also include keywords within file names for your images, and be sure to separate keywords with use of short dashes or hyphens. Remember that small images on your website promote site speed. For this reason, when uploading large photos to Web pages, use image editing tools to resize them while maintaining their quality.
7. Enhanced Page Speed. – Google considers page speed an important page rank factor. By increasing your site’s page speed, you will improve visitor experience, productive Web traffic levels and conversion rates. To ensure that your website pages have optimal speed, eliminate any unneeded plug-ins, optimize all image sizes and consider using a caching plug-in or service. By consulting Google Page Speed Service, you can accurately determine your site’s performance speed.
8. Quality Content and Analytics. – As always, all website content must be of high quality for the success of your business or personal interest projects. Written text, photos, graphics, audio, video, animation and interactive features on your site must function well and be appealing to site visitors or customers. Along with good quality, comprehensive SEO, you will want to include good CRO techniques. With use of CRO, or conversion rate optimization, you can determine what areas of your site are most often visited and used, which will greatly assist your future efforts to capture more visitors as site members, customers and ongoing clients. With use of such aids as Google Analytics, you can also track all site activity to better plan your next marketing and ad campaigns for higher rates of profits and success. In addition, make sure your website is mobile-friendly and fully optimized for quality mobile device visibility and use. You can use plug-ins or Web services for professional mobile site optimization.
Advice to ensure your website has good off-site optimization includes the following:
The primary factor of off-site SEO involves link building for site promotional purposes. The position of a website and its pages in search engine listings and directories is largely determined by the number of quality inbound links. When building your incoming link usage, be careful to include links to sites that are highly visible, have high search engine rankings and are trustworthy.
At the present time, more than ever, optimizing your website for IE for SEO purposes is of utmost value and importance. By fully optimizing your site pages, you will experience ever-increasing rates of interested Web traffic, gain new customers and build a substantial client base for continued success.
What can we do for you?
- I'm looking for help with link building for my company
- I'm looking for help with link building for my clients
- I'm looking for help getting exposure on major media publications
- I'm looking for help with something else (get in touch!)
Looking to grow your traffic?
Our managed SEO and social campaigns and high domain authority link building will increase your presence and organic search engine traffic.Request a rate card
Want more great resources?
Check out our new Resource Library, with over 100 expert articles spanning all aspects of online marketing, divided into 16 chapters.See our Resource Library