If you’re like most business owners, you have a website, but you need traffic. So, how do you get it?
That’s where The Definitive Guide to Marketing Your Business Online comes in. Written by Jayson DeMers, contributor at Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Watch, and many more online publications, this eBook provides step-by-step instructions for exactly how to launch and maintain your online marketing initiative.
Chapter 1: Introduction to SEO
The book opens with a thorough walkthrough of SEO (search engine optimization), covering the fundamentals of on-site and off-site SEO. You’ll learn about title tags, meta tags, h1 tags, URL structure, and how web design affects organic search rankings. You’ll also learn how off-site signals affect your rankings, such as inbound links, social signals, and reviews.
Chapter 2: Traffic & Lead Generation – Beyond SEO
While SEO permeates all aspects of online marketing, Chapter 2 is aimed at exploring the other core schools of strategy. You’ll learn:
- what social media marketing is and why it’s important
- how to build a robust social media strategy
- how to use mobile optimization and responsive design to drive traffic, leads, and sales
Chapter 3: Website Structure, Content Planning & Content Marketing
Navigation structure is key to not only SEO, but also the user experience, which affects conversion rates inbound links. In this chapter, you’ll learn what an ideal navigation structure looks like in order to optimize traffic and conversions. You’ll also learn how to:
- organize pages and content
- properly internally link your pages
- set up your robots.txt file
- properly name and upload files and images
Aside from your website structure, your website will consist of your on-site content. This is the meat and potatoes of your website, and will ultimately determine whether users respond positively or negatively to your website and brand. A proper content strategy is essential for this element, and in this chapter you’ll learn how to plan and execute one. You’ll learn the best types of content for each goal, including:
- The top 3 types of content for entertaining
- The top 3 types of content for educating
- The top 3 types of content for inspiring
- The top 6 types of content for convincing
We’ll again cover important on-site elements for your content such as title tags, description tags, image alt text, and optimal titles for your content to draw reader interest and maximize share-ability.
After mastering these elements, you’ll learn how to properly optimize your content for mobile viewing, including walkthroughs for each of the various options:
- Responsive design
The chapter concludes with a “Getting Started Checklist” which will help you ensure you’ve covered all the necessary bases. Additionally, you’ll find a list of Jayson’s favorite and recommended WordPress plugins which assist, automate, or simplify the marketing process.
Chapter 4: Social Media Marketing
This chapter covers the hottest and most quickly-growing area of online marketing: social media. You’ll learn how to:
- Choose which social media channels are right for your business based on demographics
- Set up and integrate social media channels into your marketing process
- Locate all the social media channels on which you should register
- Find industry authorities with whom to connect and engage
- Get inbound links from your efforts in social media
Chapter 5: Link Building
As the most important piece of the ranking algorithm, it’s crucial to do link building correctly. This chapter is your personal guide to link building using time-tested, Google-approved tactics that will boost your website’s rankings and traffic, driving leads and sales. You’ll learn:
- The 4 types of links to avoid
- The 6 elements of a great link
- How link building tactics have changed over time and what that means for the future
- The 5 steps of guest blogging your way to authority, credibility, and sales
Exact, word-for-word outreach templates are included so you can hit the ground running with your link building strategy.
Next, you’ll learn one secret tactic that will get you exposure on major publishers like Mashable, TechCrunch, and more. What is it? You’ll have to read it to find out!
Chapter 6: Local SEO
Businesses with brick-and-mortar locations must have local SEO to compete with other local search results. In this chapter, you’ll learn:
- what local SEO is
- how it differs from national SEO, and
- the 5 steps to optimizing your local search presence and overtaking your competitors for that #1 ranking
Chapter 7: Using Images to Drive Traffic to Your Site
Chapter 7 will teach you all about images and the role they play in your online marketing strategy. From Google image search to image alt tags, infographics, and Pinterest, it’s all covered. You’ll learn:
- How to optimize your images for Google Image Search
- How to monetize image-sharing communities like Flickr and Pinterest
- 7 web-based resources where you can design your own infographics
Chapter 8: Staying Safe from Search Engine Algorithm Changes
The final chapter of the book covers Google’s most recent algorithm updates, including Panda, Penguin, and Freshness, and Above-the-Fold. You’ll learn how these algorithm updates affected webmasters and businesses, how you can avoid being victimized by them, and how you can recover your website if you have already been affected by them.
Ready to read it? Download the eBook now for free — a $300 value! Just enter your email address and first name in sidebar to your right (at the top).