How to Use Your Social Media Profiles to Benefit Reputation Management
A professional reputation is critical for success in any career field. Social media has developed into an important method of business information transmission and transparent campaign viral marketing as well. These two methods of career advancement may be used together to gain website traffic or attention in a positive and profitable manner. Efforts to create professional website content may be effectively used. Business websites and social media sites attract public consumer attention and encourage readers to share interested product information with their social networks.
What Are Important Social Media Strategies?
Social media and business reputation management may go hand in hand in the following ways:
- Social media marketing may be used to increase direct loyalty with a group of niche consumers, for example.
- Social media profiles with twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and MySpace are more prominent in the modern advertising world of social media.
- Search engine ranking can be improved by using market exposure through the several prominent social media platforms.
- Traffic to a consumer website can be rerouted by using social media advertising, twitter feeds, discussion groups and social media comments, for example.
- Credibility for a particular product may be improved with a consistent news feed or professional discussion input.
How Do I Begin a Positive Reputation Building Campaign with Social Media Accounts?
Rebuilding a professional reputation after it has been negatively hacked or especially damaged can be a daunting task. Negative articles or posts have been sent out to a general buying public and the task of repairing a negative reputation may need certain professional actions that include the following:
- A new social media account will need to be opened and a full profile will need to be developed.
- A new social media account will need a legitimate biography and company avatars, for example.
- Basic information about the new company will need to be presented to a current consumer market.
- Participation in the social media community is important in order to strengthen a new and improved reputation.
- A new social media account will need current entries and comments.
- Internal links from these social media accounts can help to strengthen your current social media position.
- A social media account that is engaging and interactive will gain internal link equity and develop high SERP rankings.
- Interacting and returning messages and comments are important in order to strengthen your profile.
How Do I Monitor What Is Developing on My Social Media Sites?
Monitoring new social media sites is important as well. A new company on a social media site is a way of finding new customers but this exposure can open up a company to a lot of commentary regarding their product as well. A contingency plan may be in order when any negative sentiment may come up. The following are several suggestions about monitoring negative social media sentiments:
- A business online needs to find a positive method of public exposure through social media platforms, for example.
- A new business website online needs to build, track and monitor any online comments and negative sentiment.
- A personal brand can be grown online and a new product line can replace an old one that has negative sentiment.
If You Do Not Control Your Online Brand Then Someone Else Will.
This negative sentiment is concerning but true. Recent advancements with major search engines have created the following online risks:
- Universal searches are a part of an Internet business. These searches include those public consumers who are looking for basic information about an industry product.
- Personalized searches are available and on the Internet. Personal information may be bought and sold on the world wide web. This type of personal information can be helpful for employers looking for a certain type of employment candidate. Personalized searches can be destructive as well.
- Enhanced search results are possible. These searches can provide niche information for those public customers wanting a specialized or expert type of product.
- Rich snippets are additional methods of gaining online information about a product or service.
Why Is an Online Reputation Important?
An online reputation is critical in today’s fast consumer marketing world. Consumers and business partners care about the online reputation of a product or service. Stock holders are worried when a company has negative press stories about their company or product. Prospective employees want to work for a company with a good reputation. The following are several effects of a negative online reputation:
- A consumer will read the first page of a search engine result, usually.
- Any negative information about the company on this page will probably send a new buyer to another company.
- There are obvious financial implications about having customers leave a company or product line.
- Potential legal ramifications can dominate a company’s time and cripple the financial sustainability of a company as well.
- Consequences of negative legal news will stay with a company or product line for years to come.
- Company morale and growth are significantly affected by negative online information.
How Do I Assess a Company’s Online Reputation?
An online reputation can be assessed by using the following method:
- Most online users or customers do not look past the first page or two of an online search. Information past this point is usually not of concern.
- Use key word searches for your name, company name, brands, high profile employees and user names.
- Search results can show large discrepancies based on your location and search history.
- Personalized searches should be disabled first.
- An online reputation can be built or fixed.
- Using social media platforms can build a new reputation by opening new social media accounts.
- There are companies who delete certain negative online information that may assist as well.
How Do I Grow an Online Reputation?
Online reputations need to be grown in order for consumers and share holders to receive a positive report about your company or product. Social media can provide this type of positive report. The following reputation management problems can be eliminated with a positive use of social media:
- Higher search engine rankings can bury negative information about a company.
- Positive social media entries and interactions can create a new image for an otherwise weak or unknown company.
- Negative reputations can develop because of job changes, negative comments, competitor attacks, complaint sites and company or personal scandals.
Building a positive online reputation is possible with strong Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and MySpace accounts that are interactive and responsive. A personal or business brand can be built by using effective social media strategies. These strategies present a company or brand in a positive light that the owners of the company control. Facebook accounts can be sent out to the public search engines by selecting create a public search listing for me. Twitter accounts rank well if you use your personal name on the account. Linkedin professional accounts can have an effective public profile setting as well.
What can we help you with?
- Link building services for my company.
- White label link building for my clients.
- Major media brand mentions
- Something else (get in touch!)
Looking to grow your traffic?
Our managed SEO and social campaigns and high domain authority link building will increase your presence and organic search engine traffic.Request a rate card
Want more great resources?
Check out our new Resource Library, with over 100 expert articles spanning all aspects of online marketing, divided into 16 chapters.See our Resource Library